other who have never done firmware upgrade, if you belong to other category, then congratulations for taking this extremely important step.
What actually is Router’s Firmware?
Each digital device needs Operating system to run all its programs and commands, Router’s Firmware is basically that operating system. Each router firmware is specifically designed to run on your specific make and model, unless its running on some open source firmware such as DD-WRT.
Who can provide Firmware upgrades?
Usually, your router manufacturer will provide firmware updates for your specific make and model of router, via their website, or via a tool/section within the administrative console of your router (typically accessible via a web browser). Upgrades must be approved by your ISP for compatibility with its systems. For the average home user, upgrades to your router’s firmware are generally not necessary. If you are experiencing a problem with your router or if an upgrade introduces a feature you want installed in your router, you can request an upgrade. If an upgrade approved by your ISP is available, it will be offered to you through your router’s user interface.
How to connect to router support?
Send an email to router support. Request a software upgrade and provide your router’s serial number. A confirmation email response from router support notifies you whether there is an available upgrade and makes the upgrade available to your router. You can connect to 2WIRE support at 2WIRE Support
How to upgrade 2WIRE router firmware (192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.254, 10.0.0.138)?
To download the most current software for your HomePortal, follow these instructions:
- Open an Internet browser and type http://gateway.2wire.net in the address bar. This will take you to your HomePortal home page.
- Click the “Upgrade the System” link located on the lower right hand side of the page. This will take you to the Upgrades and Options page.
- Click on the “Upgrade Now” button on this page to initiate the upgrade to your HomePortal software.
- Once the HomePortal software upgrade is complete, the HomePortal will automatically reboot. When all the lights on the HomePortal turn green, refresh your browser.
- When you are back on the HomePortal home page, you will see the individual applications, (Internet Access Controls, Firewall Monitor and Web Remote Access), and a “Set Up Now” button. Click on the “Set Up Now” button for each application and refer to the individual installation instructions within the body of the email you received.